Saturday 28 August 2021

...she for him,

.
.
.

I am not supposed to want him.

I am not supposed to care,
and yet I spend my time dreaming of all that we could share.
I am not supposed to think about him
or wonder where he has been,
but no matter how much I fight it,
thoughts of him sneak in.
I am not supposed to ponder where he is each night,
but he creeps into my vision when the stars shine bright.
I am always wishing he was here,

I hunger for a hug,
and I long to draw him near.
I am not supposed to imagine where he is
and what he does.
I am not supposed to need him.
I know these things. I do.
And yet I can't help myself

because I fell in love with him.
.
.
.
_GentleWoman,

No comments:

Post a Comment

...Destiny,

. . . The story starts in a dark room, curtains closed, just the sound of the table clock, and the sound of the  pen tip spreading its ink i...