Saturday 9 October 2021

...Hangover,

.
.
.

As long as time

Continues to pass
There will be one thing
You constantly amass

That is my love
And the space in my heart
No matter where we go
Together or apart

I'm stuck on you
Like a magnet to a fridge
If we were separated by thousands of miles
I'd learn to build a bridge

You are my drug
My sweet poison, my love
I'd never wish to leave you
Though push comes to shove

You're my good luck charm
My perfect four leaf clover
That's why I'll listen to the great Miss Ross
And remain in this love hangover

But i can't get hungover,

yet somehow i know the feeling.
i know the feeling because you were like
alcohol to me.
i am fatigued and weak,
when just before you came around i was
becoming strong again.
i became thirsty and
i really believed that you were
the cure.
in reality, i needed more water...
not more of you.
my decreased need of sleep makes sense.
after all, how can i sleep with the
pains that you bring me
constantly?
concentrating is so difficult,
whether its on a movie I'm watching or
even my school work.
everything has become a chore,
and the sunlight burns and i can't seem to
keep myself focused for more than a few seconds before
i go back to nowhere land.
even though I've never been hungover,
i know that i am with you.
hungover on the thought and the wishes that you

would become something more than a poison to me.



_keyur_everything

No comments:

Post a Comment

...Destiny,

. . . The story starts in a dark room, curtains closed, just the sound of the table clock, and the sound of the  pen tip spreading its ink i...