Monday 5 July 2021

...Sorry i did,

.

.

.

I’m sorry I kissed you
Because I was content with life
I said I was happy
I called it okay

I’m sorry I kissed you
Because I had books and stories
Dreams of imaginary places
Everything worked out

I’m sorry I kissed you
Because I was comfortable
In my small world
Everything made safe

But your lips pull me away
To the edge of the diving board
The brink of the cliff
The top of the ride

Now I must decide
Shall I buy the ticket
Take this newly fragile heart
And jump, and fall

And I am afraid
Because I can’t take it back
You made me
I’m not the same

Take a deep breath
Don’t look down
Drowned in your eyes
Don’t look back

I’m sorry I kissed you

.

.

.

_keyur_everything

No comments:

Post a Comment

...Destiny,

. . . The story starts in a dark room, curtains closed, just the sound of the table clock, and the sound of the  pen tip spreading its ink i...